AXIS 242S IV Video Server
- Intelligent one channel video server
- Dedicated DSP for advanced video & audio analysis
- Pre/post alarm buffering for securing critical images
- Support for PTZ and dome cameras
Built-in processing power
AXIS 242S IV Video Server is a one-channel video server equipped with a DSP (Digital Signal Processor), dedicated to processing advanced algorithms in intelligent video applications. Since video and audio analyses are performed inside the video server, only the essential information needs to be sent over the network.
Embedded intelligent video applications
Together with downloadable application software from Axis and its partners, the AXIS 242S IV is a powerful tool for securing shops, supermarkets and properties.
AXIS IVM120 People Counter
Intelligent video module
The AXIS IVM120 People Counter is a tamper-proof software application developed for the AXIS 242S IV Video Server, intended for retail stores and other indoor places where you need to count people. Easy to set up, it enables shop owners to instantly monitor customers per hour, day or week over the network.
- Simultaneous Motion JPEG and MPEG-4 streams in resolutions up to 704x576
- Interlace filter which improves image quality in the highest resolution (4CIF)
- Built-in motion detection and powerful event management
- Network security using multi-level password protection, IP address filtering and HTTPS encryption
- Powerful Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including AXIS VAPIX and AXIS Media Control SDK. Flash memory for upload of embedded applications
- Extend the functionality of your AXIS 242S IV Video Server by downloading an intelligent software module.
- Integrate the result in ADP applications by using AXIS VAPIX and get a "short cut" to the IV applications.
- Modules are provided by Axis and its Application Developer Partners.
Height x Width x Depth = 42 x 140 x 230mm (1.7 x 5.5 x 9.1")
Weight: 745g (1.6 lb) excluding power adapter
Download the AXIS 242S IV data sheet