CDQPrima Digital Audio Codecs
CDQPrima Application Notes
Prima Models (top to bottom): 110, 120, 210, 220, 230
With five models to choose from, there is a CDQPrima to fit your needs and your budget. All models, from the basic CDQPrima 110 to the full-featured CDQPrima 230 feature the same superb audio specifications. With the enhanced MPEG Layer 2, MPEG Layer 3 and G.722, CDQPrima offers connectivity at bit rates ranging from 24 to 384 kb/s. These wide choices of connect rates and algorithms make the CDQPrima ideal for any voice or music application, from intercom to studio master quality.
Unlike other audio codecs, the microprocessor-controlled CDQPrima is equipped with powerful programming functions. Using Prima Logic Language, you can program your CDQPrima to perform a wide range of chores, such as:
- Dial on audio, hang up on silence
- Automatic STL backup
- Automatic call configuration
- Automatic algorithm detection
- Automatic remote control of and by external devices
All CDQPrima models use plug-in interface modules that allow you to connect directly to ISDN or to any digital transmission system with available V.35, X.21 or RS422A interfaces. With any 200 Series model, you can install up to three digital interfaces for higher ISDN bit rates or for multiple connections. CDQPrima's broadcast modes allow you to send two independent audio channels to two or more locations, or send the same monaural or stereo program to as many as six locations simultaneously.
Other features include
- Universal power supply - no need to change power supply frequency and voltages
- Universal Terminal Adapter - no need to change 'ROM' chips whan taking your CDQPrima to different countries
- Gold plated audio connectors to preserve superb audio specifications. 20 bit A/D, AES/EBU or S/PDIF digital audio I/O (standard on all models except 110). Our advanced audio circuitry yields remarkable performance - up to 20 kHz bandwidth with better than 92 dB SNR and 0.01 THD+N. Built-in high quality rate adapters allow 24.05, 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz digital audio sampling rates with internal or external synchronization. High quality "intellegent" headphone circuits can monitor local and return audio on models 120, 220 and 230.
- Fully compatible enhanced MPEG Layer 2, MPEG Layer 3 and G.722 algorithms support bit rates from 24 through 384 kb/s and sampling rates from 16 through 48 kHz. CCS Inverse Multiplexing, ITU J.52 BONDING and H.221 transport protocol are standard. In addition, only the CDQPrima allows you to adjust MPEG Layer 2 encoding algorithm parameters to tailor the audio to your application. All CDQPrima models are fully Eureka DAB compatible.
- BONDING of up to 6 x 64 kb/s channels for contribution quality is based on systems such as DAB ETS300401. ADR spec.1.3 or Direc-TV is supported as well as enhanced features for broadcasting, production studios, advertising and news agencies and many other applications.
CDQPrima 210, 220 and 230 rear panel showing 3 Digital Interface modules and SMPTE Time Code option
- Storage for 256 Speed Dial entries and Quick Configurations. Each Speed Dial entry contains all encoder and decoder configuration information and up to six ISDN "B" channel phone numbers. All CDQPrima models come pre-programmed with over three dozen of the most used configurations, including configurations used to connect to other manufacturer's products.
- Storage for up to 20 ISDN TA configurations, each includes all TA settings and up to six SPID and ID number pairs.
- Multiple ancillary data channels. Up to two independent RS232 ancillary data channels, plus 12 virtual control lines.
- Virtual actions can execute a sequence of commands on a connected CDQPrima
- SMPTE Time Code option on any 200 Series model
- Up to eight relay contacts and eight optically isolated inputs.
- Near and far-end remote control using an attached terminal or PC with RS232 or RS485 support. RS485 remote control allows up to 30 CDQPrima units to be controlled by the same PC.
- Software updates, available on our Internet Web site, can be loaded directly into the CDQPrima through the remote control port.
- All functions can be password protected with a unique multi-level security system.
CDQPrima is the only digital audio codec to offer contribution quality with ISO/MPEG Layer II and CCS encoding as well as the highest possible bit rates with ISO/MPEG Layer III. The Dual Channel Send mode of the CDQPrima allows two separate mono programs to be broadcast on separate ISDN "B" channels.
The CDQPrima gives you the most complete compatibility of any codec available today, supporting CCS, ISO/MPEG Layer II, ISO/MPEG Layer III and G.722. There are more CCS digital audio codecs installed worldwide than all other brands combined.
All CDQPRIMA intelligent audio codecs include the following unique, advanced features. See Model Description and Option List for further information. A detailed description for applications, such as CDQPrima Logic Language, automatic detection function, automatic dial/backup function, dial-on-audio and others can be found under Application Notes.
CDQPrima 120 showing removable A/D and D/A converters and plug-in Digital Interface card
- 1 (Models 1xx) or 3 slots (Models 2xx) for network interface cards. Five different interface cards are available: three internal ISDN terminal adapters plus two interface cards supporting X.21, RS422, RS530 and V.35.
- Up to 8 optically isolated inputs and 8 relay outputs can be added at any time.
- Plug-in analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters allows for upgrade to latest technology.
- SMPTE time code and optical digital audio I/O can be added at any time to any 200 Series model.
- ISO/MPEG-1/2 Layer II at 16, 24, 32 & 48 kHz sampling, 24 to 384 kb/s.
- ISO/MPEG 1/2 Layer III at 24, 32 & 48 kHz sampling, 24 to 320 kb/s, certified by FHG.
- ITU G. 722
- AES/EBU (standard on 120, 210, 220, 230) with 32, 44.1, 48 kHz I/O
- ITU J.52 Inverse Multiplexing up to 6 x 64 kbps, H.221
- ADR and DAB compliant
- CDQPrima Logic Language for automatic functions
- Event-to-action linking
- Full remote control capability
- On-board programmable silence detectors
- Bit error rate and out-of-frame detector
- Carrier detect events allow automatic operation
Easy to use
- 256 Speed Dial addresses configure encoder and decoder and dial ISDN number(s) automatically
- Eight function keys (Model 230) perform complex operations with one button
- Digital audio sampling rate converter
- Stereo Analog I/O, 24 bit A/D, gold plated Neutrik audio (XLR) connectors
- Scale Factor Protection ACE and SCF-CRC of ADR and DAB standard
- Dial & LCD Control Keypad
- Automatic Rate Adaptation
- MC68020 Integrated Support Processor for monitoring and control
- Alterable Control Store via RS232, and Internet download
- Full Remote Computer Control
- Ancilliary Asynchronous RS 232-C Data
- Programmable Summary Alarm Relay
- 19" Rack Mount, World Power Supply
- Switch types - For international users, CDQPrima's latest revision offers a choice between European ISDN D-channel protocol DSS1 and 1TR6, used only in Germany as the first national ISDN protocol.
- Of course, all main, worldwide applicable D-channel protocols are available.
1 RU, character LCD, basic keypad, accepts 1 interface module.
2RU, character LCD, basic keypad, accepts 3 interface modules, AES/EBU (XLR) digital I/O and dual RS232 ancillary data channels.
1 RU, character LCD, accepts 1 Interface Module, AES/EBU (DB-9) digital I/O, encode & decode VU, correlation and stereo image meters, intelligent headphone output, enhanced keypad includes headphone control, direct menu access and cue keypad, cue & status LEDs and front panel RS232 remote control.
2RU, character LCD, accepts 3 interface modules, AES/EBU (XLR) digital I/O, encode & decode VU, correlation and stereo image meters, intelligent headphone output, enhanced keypad includes headphone control, direct menu access and cue keypad, cue & status LEDs, front panel RS232 remote control and dual RS232 ancillary data channels.
2RU, large, graphics LCD display with encoder and decoder real-time spectrum analysis and phase displays, accepts 3 Interface Modules, AES/EBU (XLR) digital I/O, encode & decode VU, correlation and stereo image meters, intelligent headphone output, extended feature keypad adds direct display function keys and eight user programmable 'hot' keys, extended front panel status LEDs, front panel RS232 remote control and dual RS232 ancillary data channels.
Soft- and Hardware Options
|A1000||AES/EBU Digital I/O (optional on 110 only, standard on other models)|
|A1100||4 Optical Isolated Inputs/4 Relay Outputs|
|A1200||8 Optical Isolated Inputs/8 Relay Outputs (210, 220 & 230 only)|
|A1300||Optical Digital Stereo I/O (210, 220 & 230 only)|
|A2100||SMPTE Time Code (210, 220 & 230 only)|
Download the CDQPrima data sheet