New Manageability and Installation Flexibility Lowers Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Lynx®.GX is a high-capacity, full-duplex point-to-point digital radio product line with a unique split-box design. This new generation of products, designed for maximum installation flexibility, provides unprecedented system gain and carrier-class operational features for cellular backhaul, enterprise voice applications and voice network redundancy.
- Adapts to individual maintenance, system performance, and budget requirements to fit a variety of specific operator needs
- Simplifies future upgrades by requiring only Indoor Unit (IDU) replacement as capacity requirements grow
- Two-piece split-box assembly, consisting of an Indoor Unit (IDU) and an RF Unit, provides installation flexibility
- Indoor-only installation facilitates quick maintenance and easier upgrades
- Indoor/outdoor installation improves system gain, lowers tower leasing costs and reduces total cost of ownership
Easily manage and trouble-shoot your wireless network
Lynx.GX radios offer sophisticated, preventative management tools to simplify network maintenance and eliminate downtime. Advanced diagnostic tools identify and isolate potential issues before they impact the network.
- Standards-based SNMP management and webbased GUI simplifies remote management and integrates easily into existing software platforms
- Built-in spectrum analyzer and an alarm log facilitate RF planning and post-deployment tuning
Cost-Effectively Prepare For Future Growth
The range of Lynx products gives operators the choice of capacity they need, allowing them to grow to support higher-bandwidth cellular backhaul applications.
- Extra capacity for bandwidth-intensive applications such as multimedia services, photo sharing, text messaging and handset Internet access
- Superior system gain ensures consistent, carrierclass transmission of growing network traffic
- No expensive recurring leased line costs
- Wayside Ethernet Channel enables far-end management of both Proxim and Non-Proxim equipment
Deploy in days
Because Lynx radios operate in license-exempt ISM frequency bands, they can be deployed quickly – eliminating the long lead times associated with leasing lines or trenching new fiber optic cable.
- Rapid deployment and flexible re-deployment
- Mobile operators minimize costly network downtime
- License-exempt frequencies accelerate time-to-revenue by avoiding lengthy and costly licensing procedures
Reliable and Secure
Proxim Lynx radios offer the highest security and reliability available in networking today.
- True Carrier-Class reliability
- Over 99.999% reliable RF transmission
- Meets or exceeds wired network security
- Proprietary encryption methods ensure secure data transmission
- Cellular voice backhaul
- Backbone connection
- High-capacity voice network redundancy