ORiNOCO AP-4000M Access Point
Highest Capacity Meshing AP-4000M Delivers Flexible, Scalable, and Reliable Voice and Data for Large Metropolitan and Enterprise Wi-Fi Deployments
The dual-radio ORiNOCO AP-4000M delivers voice and data over Wi-Fi to the edge of a network over a flexible, auto-forming, self-healing, non-line of site mesh backbone. The dual-radio architecture separates the mesh backbone traffic from the edge access traffic, doubling the capacity compared to single-radio mesh architectures. The small form factor allows additional scalability beyond two radios by placing multiple AP-4000Ms in a single outdoor enclosure. Purpose-built for the metropolitan Wi-Fi market, the AP-4000M is built on the same reliable software used in ORiNOCO enterprise networks to ensure carrier-quality availability.
- The ORiNOCO Mesh Creation Protocol (OMCP) enables mesh backhaul and Wi-Fi coverage on the same radio, while the second radio is used exclusively for Wi-Fi coverage.
- Twice the memory of competing APs, ensuring software upgrade capacity
- Industry-leading throughput with 802.11g and 802.11a simultaneous operation
- Super Mode allows Super Mode-capable clients to get double the data rate as standard clients while simultaneously allowing standard Wi-Fi clients to communicate with the access points
- Robust RADIUS accounting and authorization interface enables detailed subscriber usage tracking
- WMM/802.11e quality of service support for data, voice and video
Proactive Security Measures to Protect Your Network
ORiNOCO access points support the latest security standards, including IEEE 802.11i and AES encryption, and add proactive security measures to prevent attacks.
- Intra-cell blocking and traffic redirection to prevent subscriber-to-subscriber attacks.
- Broadcast bandwidth throttling prevents broadcast attacks.
- Spanning tree protocol prevents network loops caused by subscribers connecting two or more CPE devices together.
- IEEE 802.1x mutual authentication
- Dynamic per-user, per-session rotating keys
- Rogue access point detection and notification
- Secure management interfaces: SNMPv3, SSL and SSH
Self Forming/Self-Healing Mesh Is Easy to Deploy
Ease of deployment and integration with the wired network are critical factors in a successful, profitable wireless LAN rollout. ORiNOCO access points excel with key capabilities that simplify WLAN deployment.
- Self-forming and self-healing ORiNOCO Mesh Creation Protocol automatically routes traffic through the best path as AP-4000Ms are added or removed from the network
- Tools to speed installation and optimization: automatic channel selection, adjustable transmit power, external antenna connectors.
Reliable by Design
We understand that public safety, service providers, and enterprises require the same uptime and reliability in a wireless network as in a wired network
- Robust features for enterprise, public access – compared to consumer grade APs
- Automatic reconfiguration of security policy in the event of power loss
- Dual firmware image support – for rollback in the event of software or configuration change problems
- IEEE 802.3af Power-over-Ethernet, plenum rating, builtin Kensington lock and external antenna connectors
- Fixed Edge Access Provides non-line of site Wi-Fi coverage by automatically routing traffic through the mesh backbone.
- Mobile Edge Access Enables Wi-Fi coverage in automobiles, busses, and trains.
- Enterprise Lowers infrastructure costs by not requiring Ethernet cabling to every access point.
Download the ORiNOCO AP-4000M Technical Specs data sheet - PDF Version
Download the ORiNOCO AP-4000M data sheet - PDF Version