ORiNOCO AP-2000 Access Point
The ORiNOCO AP-2000 Access Point is the most flexible enterprise-class access point available! Its unique dual-slot architecture brings unsurpassed flexibility and investment protection to your network by enabling mixed frequency and mixed throughput networks that accommodate a mixture of client devices for various applications.
The AP-2000 family offers upgrade kits to higher data rates. Kits are available for 802.11a and to 802.11g for easy migration to these faster standards. The AP-2000 is available in multiple configurations to suit the needs of any wireless network. The AP-2000 and AP-2000AE ship with no included radio for the utmost in flexiblity. The AP-2000b/g ships with the 802.11g radio and an open slot for the additional radio of your choice. The AP-2000 Access Point is part of the ORiNOCO family of secure wireless infrastructure and client products.
Tri-Mode Access Point Delivers High Capacity and Flexibility
The ORiNOCO AP-2000 access point combines enterprise-class security and management features with optional tri-mode (simultaneous 802.11a/b/g) operation for maximum client diversity, and dual radio support for optimal high-density subscriber usage.
- Upgradeable, dual-slot architecture for investment protection and flexibility
- High-speed 54 Mbps support for 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11a in one platform
- Dual 802.11b or 802.11g radio configuration optimizes for high client density environments
ORiNOCO Access Point Product Line
Proactive Security Measures to Protect Your Network
ORiNOCO access points support the latest security standards, such as Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), while adding proactive security measures.
- Certified WPA for IEEE 802.1X mutual authentication
- Dynamic per-user, per-session rotating keys
- Rogue access point detection, notification
- Secure management interfaces: SNMPv3 and SSL
- Fully software upgradeable to AES and 802.11i*
- Intra-cell blocking to prevent client-to-client snooping
Easy to Deploy and Manage
Ease of deployment and integration with the wired network are critical factors in a successful, profitable wireless LAN rollout. ORiNOCO access points excel with key capabilities that simplify WLAN deployment.
- Tools to speed installation and optimization: automatic channel selection, adjustable transmit power, external antenna connectors
- Wireless repeating functionality in areas without Ethernet wiring
- Remote management via SNMP, HTTP and Telnet
- Extensive RADIUS accounting support
- Powerful group configuration, software updates and automatic alerts via Wavelink Mobile Manager
Reliable by Design
With over 10 years of experience in the design and manufacture of wireless LANs, we understand that service providers and enterprises require the same uptime and reliability in a wireless network as in a wired network. ORiNOCO access points offer:
- Robust features for enterprise, public access – compared to consumer grade APs
- Automatic reconfiguration of security policy in the event of power loss
- Dual firmware image support – for rollback in the event of software or configUration change problems
- IEEE 802.3af Power-over-Ethernet, plenum rating, built-in Kensington lock* and external antenna connectors*
- Small, medium and large enterprises:
mobile access to improve employee, contractor and customer efficiency
flexible, immediate, mobile faculty and student connectivity in dorms, classrooms, libraries and campus quads
- Hospitals and medical clinics:
real time information system wide for better patient care and reduced errors
- Local, state and federal agencies:
fast access to information to serve constituencies better
- Large public hotspots:
robust, secure, Wi-Fi connectivity for airports, convention centers, hotels
For the 11b radio, to be inserted in the AP-2000, you need the 11b Classic Gold PC Card.
For the 11g radio, to be inserted in the AP-2000, you need the AP-2000 11b/g Kit.
For the 11a radio, to be inserted in the AP-2000, you need the AP-2000 11a Kit.
*Not available on all models.
View the Technical Specifications
Download the ORiNOCO AP-2000 data sheet - PDF Version